Friday, May 23, 2008

I Hate Proflowers.com

I love a good boycott. The fact is that businesses will never change bad customer service practices as long as the business is still making a profit. So here's my first official Nightmare Consumer Boycott - Proflowers.com! Decide for yourself, feel free to join me.

I recently had the happy opportunity to send flowers to some friends to celebrate a joyous occasion. After hearing many many Proflowers.com commercials on Sirius radio I thought I'd check it out. Went to the site, found that ordering was fairly standard, prices were fair, so I placed my order. Let the spamming begin.

Here's the trouble - I must have received at least a dozen spam emails from Proflowers.com since my order! I didn't get any special discounts when I ordered, everything was paid for, I didn't opt in to any sort of marketing offers! Why are these guys sending me emails day after day???

So for anyone out there that finds themselves in need of floral delivery services, if you want your inbox clogged with spam from Proflowers.com, try them out. For my future flower needs, I'll be sticking with 1800flowers.com.

No comments: