Thursday, May 29, 2008

Laundry Steaming Magic

Most people don't know that I am a freak when it comes to only one household chore - the laundry. I love doing the laundry. Sorting, washing, drying, hanging, folding, ironing...all of these things are my favorite domestic chores. If I could make a really good living by doing other people's laundry I'd seriously consider it as a career. I know, nuts, right?

About a month ago the wild idea entered my mind to purchase a clothing steamer. I'd used them when I worked in a clothing store and LOVED the way a steamer makes wrinkles fall out of clothing; always wanted one of my own. Irons are great and my iron is wonderful and I love it, but with delicate fabrics like silks and fine knits an iron can do more harm than good. After much online research and brand/model comparison I chose a Jiffy Steamer. There were a few reasons that Jiffy won out over the other brands: 1- Made in the USA, 2- Lots of positive feedback from various customer review websites, and 3- lots of product information available on the Jiffy's website including the manual for the steamer.

It was a little like torture waiting for the steamer to arrive, but thanks to Amazon.com the wait was short. (I think it only took 2 days!) It was SUPER easy to assemble and get started steaming right away. I'd been saving up clothes from the last batch of laundry so there was plenty to test it out with. It heated up in around 90 seconds and steam spewed forth as advertised and I made my way through several tops steaming away. I love my new steamer and would recommend a Jiffy steamer to anyone in the market for a better way to care for their launrdy!

No comments: