Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why I Love Ann Taylor Loft

Ann Taylor Loft is my favorite store ever and here's why:

  1. Every time I walk in a Loft store I'm verbally greeted by a pleasant sales associate that's usually doing actual work, like folding knits or straightening up in general. I shop a LOT. I mean, it's like a sport to me, so I encounter a lot of sales people in a variety of different retail flavors, but ladies apparel is what I'm typically on the hunt for. In other stores I frequent (that shall for the time being remain nameless) there are usually sales associates visible, but it's rare that anyone approaches you to offer assistance, and if a sales associate is not around and you have to track someone down, rarely do they seem enthused about assisting you. From offering to locate a different size when I'm in the fitting room, to locating items at other stores I've always found the sales associates at the Loft to be cheerful and helpful.
  2. Shopping online is as easy as shopping in the store. In the past I've been hesitant to order clothing online because it can be difficult to return for whatever reason. I tend to try on anything before I buy it. This most important shopping rule saves me a LOT of time and a LOT of money. Now that I am very familiar with the cuts and fits of Loft's clothing I've started checking out their web store. Often there is an internet deal out there, so it can be even better value than hitting the store. Shipping charges are quite reasonable, and since you can return items to the brick & mortar stores, returning is simple and efficient.
  3. Loft has clothing that fits women with real bodies. I never understood why when the average woman in America (that means a big market segment clothing designers!) is size 14 (likely indicating that we've got some curves and are not built like planks)and 5 foot 4 inches tall, much of the clothing available in stores is made for stick women that are 6 feet tall. God bless you if you are built like that, but the fact is that most women aren't and we'd like to have stylish clothing too! I'm a huge fan of Loft petite sizes. Being a curvy girl that is exactly average at the present moment, I cannot tell you how difficult it has been to find pants that are correctly proportioned.
  4. Excellent Value and Quality. I'm a cheapskate. In the past 5 years I can only recall two instances of paying full price for an apparel item in a non-discount type of store. Growing up, my mother was a manager of a discount retail clothing store so I was trained to shop on sale racks and in discount stores for designer duds. Loft's retail prices are quite reasonable, and the sales are fantastic! One of my favorite promotions are those $25 savings cards - it's a brilliant promotion that always brings me back for more shopping. Every piece of clothing I've purchased from the Loft has held up wonderfully wash after wash, wear after wear.

No comments: